We are currently seeking a Technical Support Engineer who can meet the challenges of our working environment and strive to make a difference in our organization.
The Engineering Technical Support team work closely with internal departments (Engineering & Manufacturing) and customers and will gain broad exposure to company products, design, manufacturing and field-related issues. In this diverse and challenging engineering support role individuals will be exposed to complex scenarios requiring technical knowledge to solve problems. As well as an exciting opportunity to gain experience and hone your skills, this role is also a great launching pad for hardware and software Engineering positions within the company.
Connect Tech delivers high performance connectivity solutions for embedded and industrial technology applications. For 30 years, Connect Tech has built a solid reputation for expertise in providing professional design services, delivering unsurpassed technical support and developing innovative products. Our commitment to excellence in product design and customer satisfaction is the driving force behind our success.
The successful candidate will work in Connect Tech’s engineering group supporting CTI’s latest technology products. Job responsibilities include:
- Solve complex problems using the latest technology tools available such as integrated development environments, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes and debuggers
- Create and design application test code, test software, benchmarking tools and test scripts
- Thoroughly QA our latest prototypes by verifying software and hardware functionality in various operating systems and test environments
- Interface with hardware and software engineering development teams on problem resolutions
- Providing timely and effective first line assistance to outside engineers and other technical customers who are using Connect Tech’s products
- Setup, test, and replicate customer hardware, software, networking, and application issues
- May require on-site product support or enhancements
- Assist our product sales team by providing engineering knowledge both pre and post sale
- Support CTI’s manufacturing department with failure diagnosis, and test code changes
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent (New Grads Welcome)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Quick learner and willing to work in a fast paced environment
- Self-starter and self-organized
- Exceptional analytical / problem-solving skills and attention to detail are a must
- Knowledge of computer bus and interconnection standards such as PCI Express, PCI, ISA, USB, SATA, IDE, CAN, I2C, SPI, RS-232/485
- Knowledge of low-level networking protocols including TCP, UDP as well as familiarity of higher-level protocols such as FTP, Telnet, SNMP, SNTP, and HTTP
- Knowledge and interest in the latest operating systems including Windows XP/Vista/7/8, Linux Ubuntu/Fedora/Debian/RHEL, Android and QNX
- Low-level C programming experience, or any experience with device drivers
- Experience with Linux or other embedded type operating systems
- Ability to read electronic schematics
- Experience with FPGA tools such as Xilinx ISE, Altera Quartus span
This position is considered an excellent opportunity for recent graduates to gain experience before advancing into a software or hardware developer.
Connect Tech offers competitive salaries, incentive programs, a comprehensive benefits package and a casual business attire workplace. To learn more about Connect Tech visit our website at www.connecttech.com.
If you are interested in joining our team please submit your resume in PDF format to email@example.com. Please quote ‘Engineering Tech Support’ in the subject line.