We are currently seeking an individual to perform General Labour (Full Time), someone who prefers to work in an action-packed dynamic environment. This position will be a shipper within our warehouse and will be responsible for preparing and packaging approximately 15 to 20 medium sized shipments per day. Previous shipping experience is preferred but not required; however the ideal candidate will be capable of working in a fast-paced environment and be capable of managing multiple demands.
Why Choose Us?
- 3 weeks’ vacation per year – no waiting period, including shutdown at Christmas!
- Free employee lunches each month – Tasty BBQs, pizza & wings, chili & ribs, steak & corn
- Paid sick days
- Steady weekdays 8:00am to 4:30 pm – evenings and weekends free!
- Profit sharing program – oh yeah … and it’s good!
- Wages you can actually live on – more attractive than other General Labour positions
- Casual work attire – your favourite clothes won’t get wrecked!
- Low employee turnover – people like working here!
- Bright and clean work environment
Check out our corporate video to see what we’re like!
- Retrieving packaging supplies from store-room
- Package products for shipping while adhering to standard instructions
- Prepare bill of lading for shipments
- Monitor daily shipping deadlines and manage workflow accordingly
- Administer order shipments in software program
- Safe use of an A-frame ladder
- Complete documentation using clear handwriting and attention to detail
Qualifications / Experience Needed
- Successful completion of high school diploma
- 1-2 years experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Good manual dexterity demonstrating fine motor skills (hand-eye coordination)
- Ability to accurately decipher part numbers of a similar sequence or number range
- Experience working in a computerized environment (MS Office)
- Be adaptable to changing demands and support a team work environment
- Sound communication skills, must work well with numbers
- Capable of comfortably lifting 45lb box or materials from time to time
- Must be comfortable working with ladders
- Able to work independently and stand for long periods
- Work experience with electronic components would be an asset
If you have a willingness to learn and the desire to improve on a daily basis, we’re looking for you!
Connect Tech delivers high performance connectivity solutions for embedded and industrial technology applications. For over 30 years, Connect Tech has built a solid reputation for expertise in providing professional design services, delivering unsurpassed technical support and developing innovative products. Our commitment to excellence in product design and customer satisfaction is the driving force behind our success.
If you are interested in joining our team please submit your resume in PDF format to email@example.com. Please quote ‘General Labour’ in the subject line.