We’re Growing and Need Your Help!
Connect Tech Inc. is looking for several experienced and motivated Hardware Design Engineers. These are new positions created to meet the growing demand for our standard products as well as our custom design services. You’ll work alongside a diverse and talented group of hardware engineers, software developers, mechanical engineers, technical support, sales and admin folks to continue Connect Tech’s drive within the embedded industry.
Enjoy change? We support a growing custom design business allowing our engineers to architect purpose-built hardware solutions covering a broad range of applications. Our engineering team interfaces with some of the largest names in the electronics industry providing compute solutions for Unmanned Systems for ground, air and sea, security, financial, defense just to name a few of the sectors that we engage. More than that, you’ll work within a collaborative and supportive workplace with over 30 years of history and stability.
What We Offer
- We work within a high-tech, leading-edge technology field and we work on products that appear in some really cool applications! (Robots, Drones, anyone?)
- We work on projects for clients in over 40 countries all around the world!
- We’re a dynamic and energetic company with a friendly community atmosphere
- We value the contributions and ideas of our staff, and are proud of our extremely low turnover rate throughout our 30+ year history
- Our employees have great passion for their work and the embedded industry and are always looking for ways to propel Connect Tech to the next level
- We offer competitive salaries, an attractive profit-sharing program, a comprehensive benefits package and a casual business dress code
The Skills We Need:
Hardware Design Engineers will be working as part of Connect Tech’s Hardware Engineering group designing CTI’s latest technology products.
Here are the skills our Engineers need to have to be successful:
- Proven capability of learning new systems quickly, taking initiative to be productive and self-motivated
- You will be involved in all aspects of new product development including researching, planning, design, implementation, verification and testing
- Possess ability to develop layout for multi-layer PCB designs, including knowledge of board stack-ups optimization, signal integrity design strategies, and high-speed serial techniques
- You will be expected to assume technical and project leadership of new project design and development ensuring budget and timeline adherence
- Hardware Design Engineers actively specify and source new components, communicate with suppliers, sales, representatives, and manufacturers
- Effectively liaise with internal departments involved in the product life cycle including Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, Purchasing, and Technical Support
Education and technical experience we’re looking for:
- Competence with schematic capture, developing component libraries and bill of material creation using ERP tools
- Experienced in creating detailed multi-discipline project schedules, technical specifications and prototype verification plans
- Functional understanding of high gate count FPGA designs, including HDL design entry with VHDL/Verilog, test benches and functional simulation, synthesis and implementation
- Demonstrated abilities debugging hardware and system level issues using modern lab equipment including high speed oscilloscopes, bus analyzers, logic analyzers, voltmeters, etc.
- Experience in developing prototype verification and manufacturing validation test suites using C/C++
- Knowledge of computer bus and interconnection standards such as PCI Express, PCI, ISA, USB, SATA, IDE, CAN, I2C, SPI, SMBus, RS-232/485, and Ethernet
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years in electronics engineering design role with experience in multilayer, high speed, high density interconnect (HDI) design
- Applicants must qualify as per the requirements and regulations defined in the Controlled Goods Regulations under the Canadian Defence Production Act; as well as; the regulations prescribed under the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) Title 22, Parts 120-130 of the United States Code of Federal Regulations
Additional Knowledge that we would give preference to:
- Mixed analog-digital electronics design and verification experience; including power supplies and wireless interfaces
- Experience using Altium Designer ECAD Suite
- Experience with Xilinx Virtex and Spartan FPGAs; including use of ISE, Embedded Development kit, and chipscope design tools
- Experience with high speed memory interface like DDR2 or DDR3
- Experience with video interfaces including SDVO, HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI, and VGA
- Experience with processor and micro-controller based designs, Intel Atom & ARM based processors
- Experience with Computer on Module architectures, including COM Express, QSeven and XTX
If you have a willingness to learn and the desire to improve on a daily basis, we’re looking for you!
Connect Tech delivers high performance connectivity solutions for embedded and industrial technology applications. For over 30 years, Connect Tech has built a solid reputation for expertise in providing professional design services, delivering unsurpassed technical support and developing innovative products. Our commitment to excellence in product design and customer satisfaction is the driving force behind our success.
If you are interested in joining our team please submit your resume in PDF format to email@example.com. Please quote ‘Hardware Design Engineer’ in the subject line.