Connect Tech Inc. is currently seeking a Mechanical Designer who can meet the challenges of our working environment and strive to make a difference in our organization. This is a new position created to meet the growing demand for our standard products as well as our custom design services. You will work alongside a diverse and talented group of hardware engineers and designers, software developers, mechanical engineers, technical support, sales and admin individuals to continue Connect Tech’s drive within the embedded industry.
Enjoy change? We support a growing custom design business allowing our engineers to architect purpose-built hardware solutions covering a broad range of applications. Our engineering team interfaces with some of the largest names in the electronics industry providing compute solutions for Unmanned Systems used in ground, air and sea, security, financial, defense just to name a few of the sectors that we engage. More than that, you will work within a collaborative and supportive workplace with over 30 years of history and stability.
What We Offer
- We work within a high-tech, leading-edge technology field and on products that appear in some really cool applications! (Robots, Drones, Artificial Intelligence, Vision Systems)
- We work on projects for clients in over 40 countries all around the world!
- We’re a dynamic and energetic company with a friendly community atmosphere
- We value the contributions and ideas of our staff, and are proud of our extremely low turnover rate throughout our 30+ year history
- Our employees have great passion for their work and within the embedded industry and are always looking for ways to propel Connect Tech to the next level
- We offer competitive salaries, an attractive profit-sharing program, a comprehensive benefits package and a casual business dress code
Check out our corporate video to see what we’re all about!
The Mechanical Designer will join our team with:
- A desire to work in a high energy, fast paced environment
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- The ambition to learn new skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, team minded “we can build that” attitude
The Mechanical Designer is responsible for:
- Design of enclosure systems and thermal solutions from concept to production of commercial, industrial, rugged and military electronics
- All aspects of the design process including the creation of 3D CAD models, 2D CAD drawings and assembly drawings
- Building prototypes and special order in-house product builds
- Full manufacturing documentation including Bill of Materials and Assembly instructions
- Working with a team of electronic engineers/designers
- Interacting with customers during the development process
- Interacting with suppliers and fabricators both local and off-shore during all phases of product development and manufacturing
The Mechanical Designer will have:
- 2-5 years experience in mechanical design of electronic enclosures
- Proficient in use of SolidWorks
- Knowledge in design for sheet metal, CNC machined, extruded, die cast and plastic parts
- Understanding of materials, finishes and hardware
- Understanding of MIL, DoD, Ingress, UL, RoHS/WEEE standards and compliances
- Applicants must qualify as per the requirements and regulations defined in the Controlled Goods Regulations under the Canadian Defence Production Act; as well as the regulations prescribed under the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) Title 22, Parts 120-130 of the United States Code of Federal Regulations
The Mechanical Designer’s nice to have:
- Thermal simulation analysis
- Industrial design
If you have a willingness to learn and the desire to improve on a daily basis, we’re looking for you!
Connect Tech delivers high performance connectivity solutions for embedded and industrial technology applications. For over 30 years, Connect Tech has built a solid reputation for expertise in providing professional design services, delivering unsurpassed technical support and developing innovative products. Our commitment to excellence in product design and customer satisfaction is the driving force behind our success.
If you are interested in joining our team please submit your resume in PDF format to email@example.com. Please quote ‘Mechanical Designer’ in the subject line.