We are currently seeking a PCBA Repair Technician to join our team in our manufacturing operations. The PCBA Repair Technician works closely with internal departments (Manufacturing, Technical Support & Engineering) through ongoing diagnostic, debugging, repair and rework of manufactured products. In this diverse and challenging role individuals will be exposed to the broad range of Connect Tech product offerings.
Why Choose Us?
- 3 weeks’ vacation per year – no waiting period, including shutdown at Christmas!
- Free employee lunches each month – Tasty BBQs, pizza & wings, chili & ribs, steak & corn
- Paid sick days
- Steady weekdays 8:00am to 4:30 pm – evenings and weekends free!
- Profit sharing program – oh yeah … and it’s good!
- Wages you can actually live on – more attractive than other General Labour positions
- Casual work attire – your favourite clothes won’t get wrecked!
- Low employee turnover – people like working here!
- Bright and clean work environment
Check out our corporate video to see what we’re like!
- Diagnose, debug, repair and/or rework of printed circuit board assemblies
- Perform assembly or modification tasks on electronic components, including assemblies, dis-assemblies, modifications, reworks and repairs
- Perform PCBA rework using soldering tools on fine pitch components
- Perform electronic signal measurements using a variety of test equipment and methods to troubleshoot multilayer PCBA product defects
- Perform testing sequences on repaired work using detailed work instructions
- Follow written work instructions and Engineering Change Notices to complete required tasks
- Achieve and adhere to a high level of quality of work produced
Education and Experience:
- Engineering Technician/Technologist college diploma and 2-4 years related experience
- Experience with Linux, QNX, Windows operating systems
- Strong soldering and wire add skills where training in IPC-A-610 or IPC-7711/21 is an asset
- Ability to use hot air equipment for multi-lead device repairs
- Training and experience in ESD procedures
- Experience with system assembly (Embedded, PC, etc.)
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Good manual dexterity demonstrating fine motor skills for working with small components (hand-eye coordination)
- Capable of effectively using electronic diagnostic tools (oscilloscope, multimeter, spectrum analyzer)
- Strong English language comprehension is a must
- Work from written/verbal instructions, technical manuals, engineering specifications and schematics
- Must be able to take direction from and interact with multiple departments
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, providing regular updates to key stakeholders with a continuous focus to completion for each
- Respond quickly and effectively to email and verbal requests as required
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing demands in a fast paced environment
- Possess good interpersonal communication skills
- Strong understanding of embedded hardware systems
- Ability to read and interpret schematics is preferred
- Ability to work extended hours as necessary
Connect Tech delivers high performance connectivity solutions for embedded and industrial technology applications. For over 30 years, Connect Tech has built a solid reputation for expertise in providing professional design services, delivering unsurpassed technical support and developing innovative products. Our commitment to excellence in product design and customer satisfaction is the driving force behind our success.
If you are interested in joining our team please submit your resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote ‘PCBA Repair Technician’ in the subject line