We are currently seeking an individual to perform Receiving & Kit Assembly duties in an action-packed dynamic environment. This position will be responsible for receiving packages within our warehouse, collecting stock and preparing production kits to support our manufacturing lines.
Why Choose Us?
- 3 weeks’ vacation per year – no waiting period, including shutdown at Christmas!
- Free employee lunches each month – Tasty BBQs, pizza & wings, chili & ribs, steak & corn
- Paid sick days
- Steady weekdays 8:00am to 4:30 pm – evenings and weekends free!
- Profit sharing program – oh yeah … and it’s good!
- Wages you can actually live on – more attractive than other similar positions
- Casual work attire – your favourite clothes won’t get wrecked!
- Low employee turnover – people like working here!
- Bright and clean work environment
Check out our corporate video to see what we’re like!
The Skills We Need
The Receiving Clerk / Kit Assembler will be working as part of Connect Tech’s manufacturing group, contributing to the production and assembly of CTI’s latest technology products.
Here are some key activities describing the skills and qualifications needed to be successful:
- Receive, inspect, unpack and stock incoming shipments containing raw materials, electrical components and cables
- Input receipts into company ERP system against electronic purchase order requisitions
- Identify any discrepancies in product, count or quality and report findings to Purchasing Department and Manager of Manufacturing Operations
- Facilitate ‘need for stock’ requests from various team members, locating and providing appropriate components and quantities
- Work closely with Production Planning to ensure that production kits are assembled with the appropriate components and quantities to satisfy the manufacturing run. This involves picking parts for kitting according to the pick list and our standard procedures
- Effectively liaise with internal departments involved in the product life cycle including Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, Purchasing and Technical Support
- Participate in inventory cycle count
Education & Technical Experience we’re looking for:
- Successful completion of high school diploma
- 1+ years’ experience in either a Receiver or Shipper position
- Experience locating and selecting product in a stock-picking capacity
- Strong organization and administration skills
- Ability to accurately decipher part numbers of a similar sequence or number range
- Experience working in a computerized environment (MS Office)
- Be adaptable to changing demands and support a team work environment
- Good communication skills with a strong command of the English language
- Able to work independently and stand for long periods
Additional Knowledge that we would give preference to:
- Proven capability of learning new systems quickly, taking initiative to be productive and self-motivated
- Work experience with electronic components
- Experience completing system adjustments as needed to maintain accurate inventory levels
If you have a willingness to learn and the desire to improve on a daily basis, we’re looking for you!
Connect Tech delivers high performance connectivity solutions for embedded and industrial technology applications. For over 30 years, Connect Tech has built a solid reputation for expertise in providing professional design services, delivering unsurpassed technical support and developing innovative products. Our commitment to excellence in product design and customer satisfaction is the driving force behind our success.
If you are interested in joining our team please submit your resume in PDF format to email@example.com. Please quote ‘Receiving Clerk’ in the subject line.