Table of content
This software installation guide is designed to help users successfully install the Intellicon NT960 ISA serial adapter under a Windows NT platform. Before beginning the software installation, please be sure to read the product manual that came with the Intellicon NT960 adapter for hardware installation/configuration instructions.
First you must load the firmware into the Intellicon-NT960 Host Adapter:
- From Explorer select the floppy drive or directory containing the Intellicon-NT960 driver files
- Double-click nt960load.exe
- Select OK to continue loading the firmware
- Highlight the firmware file (typically denoted as FQNIU.HEX) and select OPEN
- Fill in the memory segment address and port address
Shared Memory segment: d0000
I/O port address: 300
Hardware Interrupt (IRQ): 10
- Click OK when finished.
Installing the Driver
- Right-click on the Network Neighborhood icon and select Properties.
- Select the Adapter tab.
- Click the Add button.
- A list of adapter drivers will come up. Do not select any of these drivers.
- Click on the Have Disk button.
- Type in A:/winnt, and click OK.
- Select Intellicon-NT960 ISA from the list and select OK.
- The Intellicon-NT960 ISA hardware will now be installed on to your system.
- When the Advanced Settings properties show up, do not change any entries.
- Reboot your computer when prompted.
How to determine Intellicon-NT960’s driver version
For troubleshooting purposes it is often important to determine which device driver version is being used. Many problems may be corrected by simply installing an updated device driver on your system.
- Select the Network Neighborhood icon, right-click and select Properties.
- Select the Adapters tab.
- Select the Intellicon-NT960 ISA adapter.
- Hit the Properties button.
- At the bottom of the properties box, there will be a line showing: “Version 2.XX”.
- The 2.XX is the device driver version you are using.
How to change COM port mapping
- Go to Start → Settings → Control Panel.
- From the Control Panel, double-click on the Intellicon-NT960 icon.
- Now click the Advanced button.
- A list of all of the ports that are in use by the system are displayed in a drop-down menu at the top of the screen
- To change a COM port number, select the port you wish to change from the drop- down menu.
- On the right hand side of the screen, you should see the com port override text field. Enter the new COM port number in this field.
- Click on the OK button, and then the Apply and Exit button.
To successfully reinstall Intellicon-NT960 from a previous installation, follow these steps to ensure the complete removal of any Intellicon-NT960 components from your system.
Remove Blue Heat from the Adapters
- Go to Network Neighborhood, right-click and select Properties.
- Go to the Adapters tab.
- Select Intellicon-NT960 ISA and hit the Remove button.
- You will now be asked to reboot.