Title: Changes from Rev C to Rev E Intellicon-8
Date: November 12, 1994
Changes made for Rev E boards:
- Added was diagnostic LED’s and an associated jumper block. This is for Connect Tech debugging and serves no purpose for customers. As far as setting up the Intellicon 8, a customer should pay no attention to the LEDs or the jumper block.!!Note: No more than one jumper strap should be installed on the extra jumper block from J3 to J7!!
- Parts changed, the older mc1488 and mc1489 EIA-232 transceivers were changed to the mc145406 transceiver. This reduces part count by four and also provides for more static electrical protection.
- Parts added, three 10 pin SIP resistors. They are connected to all transceiver inputs. They common pin is connected to negative 12, this ensures that the inputs are in a neutral known state, whenever no connection is made.
- Ground plane was added to the top and bottom of the board.
- Layout of connectors, Subtle changes were made to the positioning of the large DB62 connector, this gave the board a better fit into the various PC manufacturers chassis.
The rest of the hardware and the setup of the board (i.e. port, irq, etc.) remains the same as a REV C board.
End of KDB-070