Title: Intellicon Multiport Serial I/O SCO OpenServer V Installation
Keywords: Unix Sco Intellicon Install
Date: March 19, 1996
The Sco Unix OpenServer V operating system has a new “custom” installation utility. It is much different in appearance than the older versions of Sco Unix. You can and should still use custom to install Connect Tech Intellicon drivers. The Intellicon driver diskette contains three separate drivers on it, you will have to select and install only one driver. This document outlines the procedure under SCO Unix OpenServer V.
- Locate the Intellicon ScoUnix driver, do a cd / to the root directory and type custom, to start the custom utility.
- Once you are in the custom utility you should highlight these options and
hit enter to select each one along the way.
SOFTWARE INSTALL NEW FROM (Your machine name) SELECT YOUR FLOPPY DISK DRIVE PARTIAL
- Now you will be given a choice(s). Highlight the driver for your CTI product. For the Intellicon it will read Intellicon Device driver (ver x.xx), and then directly below and offset to the right it will read the same. You should select the second reference to the device driver and hit enter.
- You will now see about 6 different items all listed in the centre of the screen. Some of them should read for the different versions of driver for different versions of SCO Unix/Xenix. Use the arrow keys to select the correct driver for your installation, it will probably be Intellicon for Sco Unix, select it and hit enter to continue.
- Use the TAB key to move the cursor over/down to the install option and hit enter. The installation will begin now, with progress updates provided by custom.
- Follow the instructions provided in your Intellicon manual to complete the installation.
End of KDB-122