Title: HP Pentium BIOS Bug – Upper Memory Conflict
Keywords: HP Pentium BIOS bug memory conflict Intellicon
Date: August 7, 1996
Customers have been reporting problems with the new Hewlett Packard Vectra Pentium systems, model no. XM5-133 and XM5-166. The problem is encountered when using the Intellicon 2,4 or 8, but it could also present a problem with the NT960.
The symptom of the problem occurs when the card is at these settings.
IRQ – any.
I/O – port any.
Memory – d0000h or e0000h.
Users will encounter these errors:
- DOS – unable to verify code into coprocessor.
- QNX2 – Cannot verify code into coprocessor.
- QNX4 – Intellicon Memory test failed at (some address)hex on board using I/O port (nnn) hex
- Check for memory Conflicts
Contents of the address are:….
- Unix – unable to load code at xxxx.
The new HP Vectras have a bug in the BIOS which prohibits the usage of the memory region ranging from DC000 up to FFFFF.
HP can provide a BIOS upgrade utility and a new BIOS which will fix the problem. Customers should contact there HP representative for more information.
End of KDB-158