Table of content
Title: DFLEX Serial I/O Under MULTIUSER DOS 7 GOLD Installation
Keywords: Installing a DFLEX Under MULTIUSER DOS 7 GOLD
Date: September 11, 1996
MULTIUSER DOS 7 GOLD configures standard serial devices via the CONFIG.EXE utility. When installing DFlex boards under the MULTIUSER DOS 7 GOLD operating system, refer to Boards and Ports under the Installation and Configuration section of the MULTIUSER DOS 7 GOLD Users Guide for more information.
Dipswitch settings (SW1):
- 1,2,6 must be off.
- 3,4,5 are set for the I/O address chosen.
- 7 must be on to enable the status port.
- 8 must be on so all ports interrupt on Channel A.
Note: All ports must interrupt on one channel.
To install a DFlex adapter under MULTIUSER DOS 7 GOLD:
- Type CONFIG at the C:\ prompt.
- Select Boards and Ports.
- Hit the INSERT key to add another board.
- Select Standard Board.
- Edit board details:
Board Name – can be changed to “DFlex”
Board Model – Standard Driver
Number of Ports – 2,4 or 8
IRQ Number – whatever was selected on the DFlex
I/O Port or Poll Reg. – 0000
- Hit ALT, then select Assign/Edit Ports.
Here you can choose one of the stations, modems or printers that have been defined and assign it to this port.
- After assigning the port you can then provide all of the Port Details.
- Setup the Port AND Mask and Port XOR Mask as per chart below:
PORT AND MASK XOR MASK STATUS PORT
P1 01 00 *
P2 02 00 *
P3 04 00 *
P4 08 00 *
P5 10 00 *
P6 20 00 *
P7 40 00 *
P8 80 00 *
* Status port depends on the selected port base address (SW 3,4,5).
The ports are standard DB-9 pinouts and are DTE (requires null modem cabling).
End of KDB-160