Title: QNX4 NT960 tracelogger codes for a NT960 Restart Complete (%d/%d)
Keywords: NT960 QNX4 tracelogger Restart
Date: February 25, 1997
Author: Technical Support
The QNX4 NT960 driver Dev(32).nt960 version h (or greater) with fqniu(042).hex firmware (or greater) has a new tracelogger message with respect to NT960 host/acm restarts. The NT960 host and ACM16’s can be reset and restarted via software. They can also be reset by the driver if the driver detects some error conditions.
The format of this particular message is as follows.
Date / Time 003de002 NT960 Restart i960 requested
Date / Time 003de019 NT960 Restart complete (%d/%d)
These messages will always appear in pairs…
NT960 Restart i960 requested – indicating the driver has attempted to restart/reset the NT960 Host and ACM16’s.
NT960 Restart complete (%d/%d) – indicating that the restart/reset was successful.
As you can see the NT960 Restart complete (%d/%d) has two fields to relay information. They are described as “NT960 Restart complete (number of attempts / reason)”.
Current list of reasons for NT960 driver version h.
- i960_Clock_tick_static : the NT960 firmware continuously updates a clock in Dual Ported Ram every 10ms. If the update remains static for more than 2.5 seconds, the NT960 card is considered dead so the driver attempts to restart/reset it.
- Bad_ACM_Vector : An invalid interrupt vector was received from the firmware.
- Stuck_TX : A stuck transmitter was found, attempts were made by the firmware to restart it, but to no avail. A reset is requested by the driver to hardware reset the i960 and the UARTS.
- Chip_Reset_Failed : The is related to the Stuck_TX event. If a software Chip_Reset fails, the i960 and ACM’s are reset.
- Restart_Requested : Used for two cases, if any command to the NT960 times out, or a manual reset via the reseti960 utility is executed.
End of KDB-168