Title: Installing DFlex serial ports under QNX Neutrino
Date: April 11, 2000
The following outlines how to install DFlex serial ports under QNX Neutrino operating system.
To start a DFlex serial board driver under QNX Neutrino OS you use the following syntax:
devc-ser8250 [-t8] [-c 7372800/16] ioport1,irq [ioport2,irq] … [ioportn,irq] &
- -t8 would be used if 16550 or higher UARTs are used and you desire FIFOs to be turned on
- -c 7372800/16 would be used if the board is a DFlex Fast board (with 7.37 Mhz crystal)
- ioport1 is the first IO port of the board (default is 280)
- ioport2 is the second IO port of the board (default is 288)
- ioportn is the nth IO port of the board
- irq is the irq used by the board (recommend that you set the dip switch position 8 into the UP position to share IRQs on all ports)
This command to start the board can be typed in on the command line or added to the build file.
DFlex-2 550 board set to 280, irq 10 (sw 8 up)
devc-ser8250 -t8 280,10 288,10 &
The above will create /dev/ser1 and /dev/ser2 for two DFlex ports.
DFlex-2 550 Fast board set to 280, irq 10 (sw 8 up) along with two standard serial ports
devc-ser8250 -t8 3f8,4 2f8,3 -c 7372800/16 280,10 288,10 &
The above will create /dev/ser1 and /dev/ser2 for two standard serial ports. It assumes that these ports are 550 UARTs.
It will also create /dev/ser3 and /dev/ser4 for two DFlex fast ports that are 550 or higher UARTs.
End of KDB-268