Title: COM Port Number Mapping in Windows 2000
Keywords: COM, Mapping, Windows, Win2000, 2000
Date: December 19, 2001
The following instructions outline how to map COM numbers in Windows 2000.
- Go to START → SETTINGS → CONTROL PANEL
- From the CONTROL PANEL, double click on SYSTEM
- Click on HARDWARE tab
- Click on DEVICE MANAGER button
- Under PORTS (COM & LPT), double click on the port that you want to
change the COM# for to open the PROPERTIES box
- Click on PORT SETTINGS tab
- Hit the ADVANCED button.
- From the COM PORT NUMBER drop down list, select the COM# that you want
- Click OK → OK
- The Device Manager should now show the new COM# for the port that you selected
End of KDB-280