Title: QNX 6 BlueHeat/Net Host Driver ARP Interaction
Keywords: QNX, QNX6, BlueHeat/Net, Driver, ARP
Date: July 14, 2009
Author: Johnathan Hicks
QNX 6 flushes the ARP cache every 20 minutes. This will incur a delay of several hundred milliseconds which in some circumstanes may be undesirable. By adding a “published” entry in the ARP table for your BHN unit, you can avoid this delay caused by the ARP cache flush as this entry will not be flushed along with the rest.
Publishing An ARP Table Entry
The following assumes that you know the IP address of your BHN device.
- Find the MAC address of the BHN by:
- Reading off of the sticker on the unit, OR
- Finding its corresponding entry in the ouput of ‘arp -an’
- Publish the route (before devc-serbhn is started):
- arp -s pub <BHN IP address> <BHN MAC address> pub
End of KDB-314