Title: Support for BlueStorm and Blue Heat/PCI Drivers Under Windows Embedded
Keywords: BlueStorm, BlueStorm/Express, Blue Heat/PCI, Windows Embedded, Multifunction Card Driver, mf, WES7
Date: Nov 27, 2013
When installing BlueStorm or Blue Heat/PCI driver under Windows Embedded, the installation may fail due to missing Windows Standard Multifunction drivers on the image. the error seen will be similar to the example below:
An error occured during the installation of the device:
The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry. This may be because the INF was written for Windows 95 or Later. Contact your hardware vendor.
The BlueStorm/PCI, BlueStorm/Express and Blue Heat/PCI all require these standard drivers.
If the Multifunction Card Driver was not installed by default, it is possible to add this driver using the DISM utility before proceeding with the BlueStorm or Blue Heat/PCI driver installation.
Before installing the Multifunction Card driver package, uninstall any existing Blue Heat/PCI or BlueStorm device drivers in the Device Manager.
To add the Multifunction Card driver package for
Windows Embedded 7
- Open the command prompt and run the following command with the IBW DVD in the drive:
- DISM /online /add-package /packagepath:D:\DS\Packages\Driver\MF PACKAGE NAME
- Where D: is the drive letter of your DVD Drive and MF PACKAGE NAME is the complete file name, of the Multifunction driver package found in D:\DS\Packages\Driver\ and is of the form x86~winemb-inf-mf~~~~x.x.xxxx.xxxxx~x.x
Windows Embedded 8
- Find the multi function package(.cab) and module(.emd) by running a search for MF in the IBW DVD
Open the command prompt and run the following command with the IBW DVD in the drive:
DISM /online /add-package /packagepath:D:\MF PACKAGE PATH\MF PACKAGE NAME.cab
Where D: is the drive letter of your DVD Drive and MF PACKAGE PATH is the path of the .cab file and MF PACKAGE NAME is the complete file name.
DISM /online /add-module /modulepath:D:\MF MODULE PATH\MF MODULE NAME.emd
Where D: is the drive letter of your DVD Drive and MF Module PATH is the path of the .emd file and MF MODULE NAME is the complete file name.
- Reboot the system and proceed to install the board drivers as discussed in the appropriate installation guide.
For more information on adding the Windows Standard Multifunction driver to your Windows Embedded Image or for any additional support please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
End of KDB-327