To set up multicast blocking, to ensure your network traffic is not flooded, you must configure the Xtreme/GbE product via the following Web GUI/CLI setup procedure:
- Configuration → IPMC → IGMP → Basic Configuration
- Select the check box beside Snooping Enable
- Under “Port Related Configuration”
- Select the ports that you wish to add as a router port, a router port is a port on the Ethernet switch that leads towards the Layer 3 Multicast device or IGMP querier.
- To setup on a specific VLAN (if required or multiple VLANs are in use)
- Configuration → IPMC-IGMP → VLAN Configuration
- Select the VLAN ID and enable snooping leave Querier election enabled, you may change the address or leave it as 0.0.0.0. The address when not set will use the IPv4 management address of the IP interface associated with the VLAN, otherwise use the source address.
To set up via the CLI over the serial management you must do the following:
- General enable snooping
(config)# ip igmp snooping
- Enable mrouter port for Multicast Port 1
(config)#interface gigabitethernet 1/1
(config-if)#ip igmp snooping mrouter
- Enable snooping on VLAN 1 with IPv4 management address as querier address
(config)# interface vlan 1
(config-if-vlan)# ip igmp snooping querier election
When applying these settings to a Xtreme/GbE product, please ensure that the configuration is saved to the startup configuration.