We are currently seeking a Selective Soldering Technician to join our electronics manufacturing operations team.
Connect Tech delivers high performance connectivity solutions for embedded and industrial technology applications. For over 30 years, Connect Tech has built a solid reputation for expertise in providing professional design services, delivering unsurpassed technical support and developing innovative products. Our commitment to excellence in product design and customer satisfaction is the driving force behind our success.
Why Choose Us?
- 3 weeks’ vacation per year – no waiting period, including shutdown at Christmas!
- Free employee lunches each month – Tasty BBQs, pizza & wings, chili & ribs, steak & corn
- Paid sick days
- Steady weekdays 8:00am to 4:30 pm – evenings and weekends free!
- Profit sharing program – oh yeah … and it’s good!
- Wages you can actually live on – more attractive than other General Labour positions
- Casual work attire – your favourite clothes won’t get wrecked!
- Low employee turnover – people like working here!
- Bright and clean work environment
Check out our corporate video to see what we’re like!
- Setup, changeover and daily operation of selective solder machine
- Perform assembly or modification soldering of electronic components, including solder rework and repairs
- Visually inspect work for defects or errors. Make corrections to machine program as necessary
- Follow written work instructions and Engineering Change Notices to complete required tasks
- Achieve and adhere to a high level of quality of work produced
- Perform daily, weekly and quarterly machine maintenance
Education and Experience
- Experience with electronic assembly, fine-tip hand soldering touch-up and rework of printed circuit boards using surface mount technology and through-hole components is critical
- Training and experience in ESD procedures and operation of essential tools including microscope and soldering iron is crucial
- Previous hand soldering experience is an asset
- Previous experience with selective soldering or wave soldering is an asset
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- To qualify, the candidate must have strong PCB assembly skills and be able to work to IPC 600/610 workmanship standards
- Good manual dexterity demonstrating fine motor skills for working with small components (hand-eye coordination)
- Strong English language comprehension is a must
- Must be able to follow direction and have good interpersonal communication skills
- Training and experience in IPC-A-610, IPC-7711/IPC7721 or J-STD-001 is preferred
- This position requires some interaction with computers; basic skills required
- Strong math skills and an understanding of metric measurement will be an asset
- Experience with PCB cleaning or aqueous wash machines may be an asset
Connect Tech offers competitive salaries, incentive programs, a comprehensive benefits package and a casual business attire workplace. To learn more about Connect Tech visit our website at www.connecttech.com.
If you are interested in joining our team please submit your resume in PDF format to email@example.com. Please quote ‘Selective Soldering Technician’ in the subject line.