We are currently seeking an SMT Operator to join our electronics manufacturing operations team.
Connect Tech delivers high performance connectivity solutions for embedded and industrial technology applications. For over 30 years, Connect Tech has built a solid reputation for expertise in providing professional design services, delivering unsurpassed technical support and developing innovative products. Our commitment to excellence in product design and customer satisfaction is the driving force behind our success.
Why Choose Us?
- 3 weeks’ vacation per year – no waiting period, including shutdown at Christmas!
- Free employee lunches each month – Tasty BBQs, pizza & wings, chili & ribs, steak & corn
- Paid sick days
- Steady weekdays 8:00am to 4:30 pm – evenings and weekends free!
- Opportunities for overtime
- Profit sharing program – oh yeah … and it’s good!
- Wages you can actually live on – more attractive than other General Labour positions
- Casual work attire – your favourite clothes won’t get wrecked!
- Low employee turnover – people like working here!
- Bright and clean work environment
Check out our corporate video to see what we’re like!
- Setup and changeover of SMT equipment utilising written work instructions and assembly BOMs.
- Daily operation of SMT equipment including stencil printer, solder paste inspection, pick and place, and reflow.
- Responsible for maintaining production output with minimal downtime and minimal supervision
- Maintain general machine cleanliness and upkeep
- Achieve and adhere to a high level of quality of work produced
- Work independently within a high-pace environment
Education and Experience
- 2+ years of experience in an SMT operation or setup/staging role
- Experience with or certification to IPC-A-610 Standard preferred
- Experience with Juki placement machines would be an asset
- Successful completion of high school diploma or higher
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Good manual dexterity demonstrating fine motor skills for working with small components (hand-eye coordination)
- Excellent verbal & written communications skills, proficient with English language
- Must be able to follow direction and have good interpersonal communication skills
- Able to work independently, stand for long periods of time
- Be adaptable to changing demands and support a team work environment
- Training and experience in IPC-A-610, IPC-7711/IPC7721 or J-STD-001 is preferred
- This position requires interaction with computers; basic skills and a high comfort level is required
- Strong math skills and an understanding of metric measurement will be an asset
- High attention to detail and a high focus level are must-haves for this position!
Connect Tech offers competitive salaries, incentive programs, a comprehensive benefits package and a casual business attire workplace. To learn more about Connect Tech visit our website at www.connecttech.com.
If you are interested in joining our team please submit your resume in PDF format to email@example.com. Please quote ‘SMT Operator’ in the subject line.