Note this is not an active open job, but rather, we are gathering resumes for any upcoming positions that arise.
We are currently seeking a Software Design Engineer who can meet the challenges of our working environment and strive to make a difference in our organization.
Connect Tech delivers high performance connectivity solutions for embedded and industrial technology applications. For 30 years, Connect Tech has built a solid reputation for expertise in providing professional design services, delivering unsurpassed technical support and developing innovative products. Our commitment to excellence in product design and customer satisfaction is the driving force behind our success.
The successful candidate will work in Connect Tech’s Software Engineering group designing CTI’s latest technology products and complex multi-process client-server applications. Job responsibilities include:
- Developing and software for hardware, whether it is operating systems device drivers or firmware on micro controllers.
- Be involved in all aspects of new product development including estimating & planning, specifications, development, testing & debugging, and quality assurance.
- Assume technical and project leadership accountability of new project completion within design, budget and schedule constraints.
- Liaison with all other departments involved in the product life cycle (hardware engineering, sales, marketing, and technical support)
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years experience in device driver, firmware, or application development using C/C++.
- Applicants must qualify as per the requirements and regulations defined in the Controlled Goods Regulations under the Canadian Defence Production Act; as well as; the regulations prescribed under the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) Title 22, Parts 120-130 of the United States Code of Federal Regulations.
- Ability to prepare detailed design documents – specifying high level functionality, module interaction & synchronization, data flow, and APIs.
- Detailed knowledge in development of drivers or firmware on two or more of the following OS/platforms
- PC: Linux (x86/x64), Windows (x86/x64), QNX (x86)
- Embedded: Linux (ARM), Windows Embedded (ARM), Android (ARM)
- Micro Controller: Microchip PIC32, Freescale Kinetis
- Must have experience in:
- Linux software development
- Class design
- Multi-threaded design
- Messages, queues, shared memoryv
- Timinig critical (non-GUI) applications
- Minimum 5 years experience in complex real-time application development using object oriented design.
- Developing software for computer bus architectures PCIe, PCI, and USB
- Familiarity with interfaces such as Ethernet, UARTs/Serial, CAN, SPI, and I2C
- Experience in using the following development environments Embedded Development kit, and chipscope design tools
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microchip MPLABX
- Freescale Code Warrior
- Linux GNU C/C++
- Cross compilers targeting ARM
- Firmware development for PIC microcontroller (or other)
If you have a willingness to learn and the desire to improve on a daily basis, we’re looking for you! Connect Tech offers competitive salaries, incentive programs, a comprehensive benefits package and a casual business attire workplace.
If you are interested in joining our team please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.