Connect Tech Inc. is looking for an experienced and motivated individual to join our Technical Support Engineering team. The Technical Support team work closely with customers, our Design Engineers, Software Developers and Sales/Manufacturing departments and will gain broad exposure to company products, design, manufacturing and field-related issues. In this diverse and challenging role candidates will be exposed to complex scenarios, requiring technical knowledge to solve problems. This role also acts as a great launching pad for hardware and software Engineering positions within the company.
Our engineering team interfaces with some of the largest names in the electronics industry providing compute solutions for Unmanned Systems for ground air and sea, defense, vision systems, machine learning, security and financial just to name a few of the sectors that we engage.
The successful candidate will work in Connect Tech’s engineering group supporting CTI’s latest products. Job responsibilities include:
- Solving complex problems using the latest technology tools available such as integrated development environments, high-bandwidth oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and debuggers
- Thoroughly QA our latest prototypes by verifying software and hardware functionality in various operating systems and test environments
- Create and design application test code, test software, benchmarking tools and test scripts
- Interface with hardware and software engineering development teams on problem resolutions.
- Providing timely and effective first line assistance to outside engineers and other technical customers who are using Connect Tech’s products
- Setup, test, and replicate customer hardware, software, networking, and application issues
- Assist our product sales team by providing engineering knowledge both pre and post sale
- Support CTI’s manufacturing department with failure diagnosis, and test code changes.
- May require on-site product support or enhancements
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent (New Grads Welcome)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Quick learner and willing to work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter and self-organized
- Exceptional analytical / problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge and interest in the latest operating systems including Linux L4T/Ubuntu/Fedora/Debian/RHEL and Windows 10 (down to XP)
- Experience working with C, Python and associated compilers in a Linux OS environment.
- Knowledge of computer bus and interconnection standards such as PCI Express, PCI, USB, SATA, CAN, I2C, SPI, RS-232/485
- Applicants must qualify as per the requirements and regulations defined in the Controlled Goods Regulations under the Canadian Defence Production Act; as well as the regulations prescribed under the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) Title 22, Parts 120-130 of the United States Code of Federal Regulations
- Experience with Embedded Systems, NVIDIA Jetson, GPUs
- Low-level C programming experience, or any experience with device drivers
- Experience with QNX, Android or other embedded type operating systems
- Knowledge of low-level networking protocols including TCP, UDP as well as familiarity of higher-level protocols such as FTP, Telnet, SNMP, SNTP, and HTTP
- Ability to read electronic schematics
- Experience with FPGA tools such as Xilinx Vivado, Altera Quartus span
- Customer Support / Service experience
What We Offer
- We work within a high-tech, leading-edge technology field and on leading edge products (Robots, Drones, Artificial Intelligence, Vision Systems, Military Systems)
- Exciting partnership as NVIDIA’s largest embedded ecosystem partner, with many new and exciting GPU based developments ongoing
- We work on projects for clients in over 40 countries across the globe
- We’re a dynamic and energetic company with a friendly community atmosphere
- Our employees have great passion for their work and within the embedded industry and are always looking for ways to propel Connect Tech to the next level
- We offer competitive salaries, an attractive profit-sharing program, a comprehensive benefits package and a casual business dress code
Check out our corporate video to see what we’re like!
If you are interested in joining our team please submit your resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote ‘Technical Support Engineering’ in the subject line.