Connect Tech Inc. is looking for an experienced individual to join our staff as Test System Design Engineer. This role will work with both our Engineering and Manufacturing team to develop and deploy manufacturing test systems for our products and retain ownership of processes and documentation from assembly line to shipping.
The successful candidate will work in Connect Tech’s Engineering group designing systems and processes to test CTI’s latest technology products. Job responsibilities include:
- Develop and deploy manufacturing test systems for both embedded systems and PCBA (board level) products
- Ownership of all test systems and processes involved in validating both new and existing products.
- Development of test suites, as well as maintenance and improvement of existing test architecture.
- Create detailed documentation overseeing the latest products from assembly line to shipping
- Act as the main technical resource for manufacturing personnel; advising technicians and operators on how to debug and troubleshoot technical issues.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent four year college program
- Minimum 3 years proven experience in an electronics engineering design or test system design role
- Experience writing detailed assembly and test process instructions
- Experience in developing prototype verification and manufacturing validation test suites using C and/or C++ as well as scripting languages under various operating systems including Windows, Linux.
- Exposure to electronics schematics and PCB layouts
- Experience with debugging hardware and system level issues using modern lab equipment including high speed oscilloscopes, bus analyzers, logic analyzers, voltmeters, etc.
- Knowledge of computer bus and interconnection standards such as PCI Express, PCI, ISA, USB, SATA, IDE, CAN, I2C, SPI, SMBus, RS-232/485, and Ethernet.
- Experience with technical writing and/or work instruction generation
- Experience in a leadership or training role
- Experience using Altium Designer ECAD Suite
- Experience with Solidworks MCAD Suite
- Knowledge of IPC-A-610, IPC-7711
- Design of cable harnesses
- Design of test jigs for mounting and/or holding boards under test
What We Offer
- We work within a high-tech, leading-edge technology field and on leading edge products (Robots, Drones, Artificial Intelligence, Vision Systems, Military Systems)
- Exciting partnership as NVIDIA’s largest embedded ecosystem partner, with many new and exciting GPU based developments ongoing
- We work on projects for clients in over 40 countries across the globe
- We’re a dynamic and energetic company with a friendly community atmosphere
- Our employees have great passion for their work and within the embedded industry and are always looking for ways to propel Connect Tech to the next level
- We offer competitive salaries, an attractive profit-sharing program, a comprehensive benefits package and a casual business dress code
Check out our corporate video to see what we’re like!
If you are interested in joining our team please submit your resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote ‘Test System Design Engineer’ in the subject line.