Connect Tech Inc. is looking for an experienced and detail-oriented Intermediate Accountant to join our growing team. If you are the type of Accountant that enjoys a variety of projects and want to be part of a rapidly-scaling technology company, this role is perfect for you! Please note that this is an in-office position.
Who We Are:
For over 35 years, Connect Tech has built a solid reputation providing high-performance computing solutions for some of the world’s most influential companies. As NVIDIA’s largest hardware partner, Connect Tech’s products are used in state-of-the-art technology on land, sea, sky, and space. With leading-edge design and manufacturing services backed by stellar technical support, our commitment to excellence in design and customer satisfaction is the driving force behind our success.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package
- An attractive profit-sharing program
- 3 weeks’ vacation per year with no waiting period, including shutdown at Christmas
- Paid sick days
- Opportunity to work within a high-tech, leading-edge technology field with products that appear in some really cool applications! (Robots, Drones, Artificial Intelligence, Vision Systems)
- A dynamic, energetic and growing company with a friendly community atmosphere
- A collaborative and supportive workplace that values the contributions and ideas of our staff, and are proud of our extremely low turnover rate throughout our 35+ year history
- Employees who have great passion for their work and who are always looking for ways to propel Connect Tech to the next level
Check out our corporate video to see what we’re like!
Reporting to the Director of Finance & Administration; Intermediate Accountant will cover a wide range of responsibilities and duties including but not limited to:
- Full Cycle month-end duties include, preparing accruals for: Commissions, Employee expenses, Allowance for Doubtful Accounts, Inventory in Transit, Sales in Transit
- Responsibilities include the accurate and timely completion of journal entries for the amortization of prepaid accounts, calculation of capital asset depreciation, F/X adjustments, Corporate Tax accruals and respective account reconciliations
- Actively involved in management of Accounts Receivable subledgers, ensuring account balances are current, and following up with customers on overdue items
- Review of daily invoicing, ensuring accuracy of tax calculations, payment applications, and maintain Accounts Receivable filing records
- Participate in the processing customer credit applications
- Assist with managing inventory movement and preparing adjusting entries to stock level counts
- Manage and maintain prepaid accounts ensuring appropriate & timely expense reclassification
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and yearly reporting requirements to Corporate and participate in audit requests for investigation and information as requested
The Qualifications We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of related experience in bookkeeping and maintaining a chart of accounts
- Related accounting education required (College, University or Post-Graduate)
- Candidate should be agile and self-motivated; possessing the drive to see tasks through to completion in a short period of time
- Possess advanced problem-solving skills and a solid understanding of financial accounting
- Experience working with multiple currency transactions (CAD, USD, Euro)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with all Departmental team members
- Strong analytical, system, organizational and attention to detail skills
- Excellent English language and communication skills
- Excellent and efficient computer navigation skills, including speed and accuracy of data entry
- Proven capability of learning new systems quickly
If you have a willingness to learn and the desire to improve on a daily basis, we’re looking for you!
Connect Tech is committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practice in compliance with the Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (A.O.D.A.). In compliance with the A.O.D.A., Connect Tech will make necessary accommodations for applicants with disabilities to support participation in the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources if you require assistance.
If you are interested in joining our team please submit your resume in PDF format to the application form linked below.