We are currently seeking a Buyer who loves a challenge and has experience and knowledge of purchasing processes. Our Buyer is key to moving our business forward and we offer driven, talented individuals opportunities to stand out and work in a supportive and innovative environment. This will be a full-time permanent position, onsite in Guelph, ON.
Who We Are:
For over 35 years, Connect Tech has built a solid reputation providing high-performance computing solutions for some of the world’s most influential companies. As NVIDIA’s largest hardware partner, Connect Tech’s products are used in state-of-the-art technology on land, sea, sky, and space. With leading-edge design and manufacturing services backed by stellar technical support, our commitment to excellence in design and customer satisfaction is the driving force behind our success.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package
- An attractive profit-sharing program
- 3 weeks’ vacation per year with no waiting period, including shutdown at Christmas
- Paid sick days
- Opportunity to work within a high-tech, leading-edge technology field with products that appear in some really cool applications! (Robots, Drones, Artificial Intelligence, Vision Systems)
- A dynamic, energetic and growing company with a friendly community atmosphere
- A collaborative and supportive workplace that values the contributions and ideas of our staff, and are proud of our extremely low turnover rate throughout our 36+ year history
- Employees who have great passion for their work and who are always looking for ways to propel Connect Tech to the next level
Check out our corporate video to see what we’re all about!
The successful candidate will work in Connect Tech’s Administration group to perform a variety of critical purchasing functions, such as negotiating prices and buying products that best support our growing business and bottom line. Job responsibilities include:
- Provide product requirement guidance to our Sales teams
- Review, analyze, qualify or reject purchase orders for all product lines
- Sourcing and purchasing BOM components for custom products
- Establish and maintain key vendor partner relationships
- Work with partners and Sales teams to make necessary changes to purchase orders for all product lines and ensure fulfilment in a timely manner
- Continually update the status of aging purchase orders and follow-up with partners for information on scheduled shipments
- Negotiate pricing for the company to achieve the best pricing discount to purchase parts and products from distributors and manufacturers to fill customer orders
- Oversee and coordinate flow of information from our partners to the company
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree/College diploma or equivalent experience
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of purchasing processes. Experience in technical purchasing preferred
- 3+ years of experience with a computerized ERP system, Microsoft Word, Excel and email applications or equivalent
- Excellent English language and communication skills
- Efficient computer navigation skills, including speed and accuracy of data entry
- Ability to communicate to effectively and in a constructive manner with customers, coworkers, management and executives
- Demonstrated skill in prioritizing multiple responsibilities, tasks and projects simultaneously including ability to shift priorities and see tasks through to completion in a short period of time
If you have a willingness to learn and the desire to improve on a daily basis, we’re looking for you!
If you are interested in joining our team please submit your resume in PDF format to the application form linked below.