We are committed to protecting your privacy while you visit our website. In general, you can use our website without providing any personally identifiable information.
1. Information We Collect
We may collect personally identifiable information about you, such as your full name, phone number and email address, when you fill out a contact form, request a quotation, download website content, or sign up for our email mailing list.
To receive a quotation or support for a product, we require a name, physical location (country), and a way to contact you, such as a phone number or email address.
If you choose to purchase a product from us, we will collect your payment information through email or phone. If you directly contact our sales or support team, download any website content, or sign up for our email mailing list, we will send you promotional emails on our products, events, or industry news. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may opt out of them by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of each email.
We use Google Analytics for website metrics and analytics. We track IP addresses and cookies in order to analyze usage patterns of our website, so that we may provide the best format possible. This information is not linked to any personally identifiable information, such as e-mail addresses or names. A user’s session will be tracked, but the user remains anonymous.
2. How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect to analyze usage patterns of our website, send you marketing communications, respond to your questions and concerns, and provide quotations for our products.
Our website is accessible without any form of registration, allowing you to visit our site without telling us who you are. However, to receive a quotation or receive support for a Connect Tech product, we do require, at a minimum, your name, and your phone number or your email address. If you do not wish to provide this information, we may not be able to provide a quotation or technical support.
3. How We Share Your Information
- Personally Identifiable Information: Connect Tech will not rent or sell your personally identifiable information to others. We may store personal information in locations outside the direct control of Connect Tech (for instance, on third-party service provider’s servers or databases). Our email mailing list is run by a third-party online application, Constant Contact. Within our Constant Contact account, we store personally identifiable information such as your name, email address, company, job title, mailing address (if provided), and phone number (if provided). Additionally, we store personally identifiable information within our online Salesforce account, including your name, email address, company, job title, mailing address, phone number, previous orders, and sales forecasts. At any time, you may request access, correct any information, or delete any information that Connect Tech has collected from you.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We store non-personally identifiable information collected from cookies (such as anonymous user data, referring/exit pages and URLS, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) within our Google Analytics account. This information is used solely to analyze usage patterns of our website and is not shared with any third-parties.
4. Storage and Processing
Your information collected through the Connect Tech website may be stored and processed in Canada or the United States, or any other country where service providers maintain facilities. Connect Tech may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information, within these countries. The information we collect from you may be stored indefinitely.
5. How We Protect Your Information
Connect Tech is concerned with protecting your privacy and data, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Connect Tech may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our industry standard physical, technical or managerial safeguards. We do not collect payment information through our website and are working to provide secure socket layer technology (SSL) to protect from breaches to our website server. While we are committed to protecting your data, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact us at info [at] connecttech [dot] com. We use third-party plug-ins on our website for contact and mailing list sign-up forms. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any other purposes.
6. EU Data Protection Directive
For E.U. clients, Connect Tech complies with the E.U. Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC framework as set forth by the European Union regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Connect Tech has certified that it adheres to the requirements of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement.
Cookies, clear gifs and similar technologies (cookies) are used on our site to personalize content and ads, provide and improve product features and to analyze our traffic on our site, our business partners and authors. As a part of our commitment to upholding a high standard of transparency with our users, we’ve created this guide to explain the tracking technologies we use on our sites.
What are cookies, clear gifs and similar technologies?
Cookies are a small data file sent to your web browser or mobile device that is stored on your browser cache.
Clear gifs and pixel trackers are tiny graphics with a unique identifier and are similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the movements of web users between pages and websites. They are embedded invisibly on web pages and are about the size of a single pixel.
First party cookies are set by us when you’re visiting one of our sites, and third party cookies are set by a party other than the website you’re visiting.
Cookies and similar technologies are used for the following purposes on this site.
Strictly Necessary: Strictly necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation, website security and access to information that requires authentication.
Preferences: These cookies enable storage of information that changes the way a website behaves or looks, like settings for your region.
Statistics: Statistics cookies help us to understand how visitors interact with our websites by collecting and reporting information.
Marketing: Marketing cookies are used for tracking browsing activity and to customize and display ads that are relevant and engaging.
How to manage your preferences and settings?
Please keep in mind that your experience may not be as we intended if you change the standard settings.
Visitors located in the European Union can select their preferences with the preferences panel, and can change their preferences by clearing their cookies, refreshing the page, and selecting their preferences again.
Any interested visitor can learn how to opt out of third party cookies by consulting this page, or learn how to change your browser settings:
Contact, questions and changes
8. Contact Us
- Request access to information that Connect Tech has about you
- Correct any information that Connect Tech has about you
- Delete information that Connect Tech has about you
If you have any additional questions about Connect Tech’s collection and storage of data, please contact us at:
489 Clair Road West
Guelph, ON N1L 0H7
Info [at] connecttech [dot] com